It’s spooky season so why not treat your dog with these easy frozen yoghurt ghost dog treats? Your dog will love them and they are perfect for Halloween! Here’s how to make these adorable little ghosties. Let's go!
Yoghurt ghost frozen dog treat recipe
What you’ll need:
- Plain yoghurt (ensure there are no artificial sweeteners or added sugar in it) I use this one
- Natural food colouring to colour the yoghurt (I use squid ink powder) or small treats for the ghost's eyes and mouth
Step 1: Transfer the yoghurt into a condiments bottle. Thin the yoghurt slightly with a little water to get a runnier consistency (don't make it too runny!) - this makes it easier to pipe out shapes. The amount of water will vary depending on the type of yoghurt you use.
Step 2 (optional): If using small treats for the eyes and mouth, skip to step 3. Separate the yoghurt into two portions if you plan to naturally colour the yoghurt to use for the eyes and mouth. Add your colouring to one yoghurt portion and mix well; I chose to use squid ink powder to colour my yoghurt black - a little goes a long way.
Step 3: Place the silicone mat on the baking sheet - this allows easy transfer to the freezer, as silicone moulds are very flexible.
Step 4: Pipe the yogurt onto the mat in a ghost shape. Pipe eyes and a mouth with your coloured yoghurt; alternatively, use small treats to achieve this.
Step 5: Place in the freezer until the yogurt is frozen solid.
Step 6: Once frozen, remove the yoghurt ghosts and serve immediately (the yoghurt melts fast) or transfer the treats to a storage container and pop back in the freezer for later.
- You don’t have to stick to ghosts, have a go at making some other shapes too. If you want to keep in with the Halloween theme, why not try bats, spiders or spiderwebs, for example.
- Try colouring your yoghurt with some of my recommended natural colourings.
- You can even make these for people! Just skip on the added doggy extras and swap for alternative human-friendly options.